North Dakota is one of the few states that require that Pharmacy Technicians graduate from ASHP Accredited Schools. There are three institutions in ND that offer an ASHP Certified Curriculum, located mainly on the northern and eastern edge of the state. PTCB Certification is required for Pharmacy Technicians in North Dakota, see the requirements for that certification below.
Where can I find a list of Board Approved Programs in North Dakota?
For more information contact Barbara Lacher at 1-800-342-4325 Ext. 2114 or email her at Barbara.Lacher@ndscs.edu
Pharmacy Technician Certification Board (PTCB) Requirements:
- You must be at least 18 years old
- You must have a high school diploma or GED
- You must have not been convicted of any felonies or drug related misdemeanors
- Study for the Pharmacy Technician Certification Exam (PTCE)
- Complete the application process at PTCB.org and include, as part of the application process, pay the exam fee of $129
Pharmacy Technician Certification Board Continuing Education Requirements:
- Obtain 20 hours of Continuing Education (CE) during 2 year re-certification cycle
- 1 hour must be in Pharmacy Law, 1 hour must be in Patient Safety
- All Continuing Education must be Tech-Specific
- The PTCB Re-certification Fee is $40 and is payable to the PTCB every 2 years