North Carolina Pharmacy Tech Requirements
The North Carolina Board of Pharmacy offers a few ways to become a Pharmacy Technician, the fastest of which is to obtain National Licensure through the PTCB (Pharmacy Technician Certification Board). After obtaining that certification, it is simply a matter of filling out the application.
Without becoming PTCB Certified, you would need to find a pharmacy willing to hire you and have the Pharmacist in Charge train you. There’s quite a bit of liability to the pharmacist, and isn’t always the best learning environment. Additionally, it may prove difficult to find employment with no experience or credentials, that’s why we recommend to study for and Pass the Pharmacy Technician Certification Exam (PTCE).
North Carolina Pharmacy Technician Average Salary: $16.72/hr
Pharmacy Technician Certification Board (PTCB) Requirements:
- You must have not been convicted of any felonies or drug related misdemeanors
- Study for the Pharmacy Technician Certification Exam (PTCE)
- Complete the application process at PTCB.org and include, as part of the application process, pay the exam fee of $129
Pharmacy Technician Certification Board Continuing Education Requirements:
- Obtain 20 hours of Continuing Education (CE) during 2 year re-certification cycle
- 1 hour must be in Pharmacy Law, 1 hour must be in Patient Safety
- All Continuing Education must be Tech-Specific
- The PTCB Re-certification Fee is $40 and is payable to the PTCB every 2 years