New York Pharmacy Tech Requirements
- be of good moral character;
- be at least 18 years of age;
- have completed high school or its equivalent, as determined by the Department; and
- have received certification from a nationally accredited pharmacy technician certification program acceptable to the Department..
- The fee for licensure and first registration is $175.
- To meet the certification requirements for licensure as a registered pharmacy technician in New York State, you must receive certification from the PTCB or NHA.
Pharmacy Technician Certification Board (PTCB) Requirements:
- Complete a PTCB-Recognized Education/Training Program
- Complete the application process at PTCB.org and include, as part of the application process, pay the exam fee of $129
Pharmacy Technician Certification Board Continuing Education Requirements:
- Obtain 20 hours of Continuing Education (CE) during 2 year re-certification cycle
- 1 hour must be in Pharmacy Law, 1 hour must be in Patient Safety
- All Continuing Education must be Tech-Specific
- The PTCB Re-certification Fee is $40 and is payable to the PTCB every 2 years