New Hampshire Pharmacy Tech Requirements
New Hampshire is one of the few states that require you to be employed before submitting an application to become a “Registered Pharmacy Technician”. This creates a catch 22 when applying to Pharmacies without experience. The best way to increase your chances of being employed are to prepare for and pass the PTCB Exam.
New Hampshire State Specific Requirements:
- You must have a high school diploma or GED
- You must not be charged or convicted of a felony under any state or federal law
- Mail a completed application and application fee (of $25) to the New Hampshire Board of Pharmacy at 121 South Fruit Street, Concord, NH 03301-2412.
- Renew license by re-completing the application by March 31st of each year (regardless of the date issued) for $25.
New Hampshire Pharmacy Technician Average Salary: $17.89/hr
Pharmacy Technician Certification Board (PTCB) Requirements:
- You must have not been convicted of any felonies or drug related misdemeanors
- Study for the Pharmacy Technician Certification Exam (PTCE)
- Complete the application process at PTCB.org and include, as part of the application process, pay the exam fee of $129
Pharmacy Technician Certification Board Continuing Education Requirements:
- Obtain 20 hours of Continuing Education (CE) during 2 year re-certification cycle
- 1 hour must be in Pharmacy Law, 1 hour must be in Patient Safety
- All Continuing Education must be Tech-Specific
- The PTCB Re-certification Fee is $40 and is payable to the PTCB every 2 years