Montana Pharmacy Tech Requirements
Montana requires that you have passed the Pharmacy Technician Certification Board (PTCB) Exam. The state board of pharmacy in Montana also requires that you be of good moral character and submit three references that you are competent enough to practice as a Pharmacy Tech.
Montana State Specific Requirements:
- At least 18 years of age.
- A high school graduate or have attained an equivalent degree.
- Be of good moral character (with 3 character references).
- Certified by a Board approved pharmacy technician certifying entity like the PTCB
- Current certification must be maintained with the certifying entity throughout licensure.
- No pharmacist whose license has been denied, revoked, suspended, or restricted for disciplinary
purposes shall be eligible to be registered as a pharmacy technician.
Montana Pharmacy Technician Average Salary: $18.62/hr
Pharmacy Technician Certification Board (PTCB) Requirements:
- You must have not been convicted of any felonies or drug related misdemeanors
- Study for the Pharmacy Technician Certification Exam (PTCE)
- Complete the application process at PTCB.org and include, as part of the application process, pay the exam fee of $129
Pharmacy Technician Certification Board Continuing Education Requirements:
- Obtain 20 hours of Continuing Education (CE) during 2 year re-certification cycle
- 1 hour must be in Pharmacy Law, 1 hour must be in Patient Safety
- All Continuing Education must be Tech-Specific
- The PTCB Re-certification Fee is $40 and is payable to the PTCB every 2 years