The Georgia Board of Pharmacy accepts the certification of the Pharmacy Technician Certification Board (PTCB). The easiest way to obtain the title of Certified Pharmacy Technician in the state of Georgia is to prepare for and pass the Pharmacy Technician Certification Exam (PTCE).
Georgia Pharmacy Technician Average Salary: $15.08/hr
Georgia State Specific Requirements:
- You must be at least 17 years old
- You must be currently enrolled in high school or have a high school diploma / GED
- Obtain a criminal history background check through the Cogent System / GAPS at a GAPS location
- Submit an application, supplement and application fee of $100
- Submit a copy of the PTCB Certificate.
- Once employed, submit the Employment Notification Form to the board.
Pharmacy Technician Certification Board (PTCB) Requirements:
- You must have not been convicted of any felonies or drug related misdemeanors
- Study for the Pharmacy Technician Certification Exam (PTCE) with a Recognized Educator like RxTechExam.com
- Complete the application process at PTCB.org and include, as part of the application process, pay the exam fee of $129
Pharmacy Technician Certification Board Continuing Education Requirements:
- Obtain 20 hours of Continuing Education (CE) during 2 year re-certification cycle
- 1 hour must be in Pharmacy Law, 1 hour must be in Patient Safety
- All Continuing Education must be Tech-Specific
- The PTCB Re-certification Fee is $40 and is payable to the PTCB every 2 years