Arizona is one of the many states that require that you have a Pharmacy Technician Certification Board (PTCB) Certification before gaining a license to work as a Pharmacy Technician. In addition, they require that you present a copy of your U.S. Birth Certificate or Employment Authorization Card. They require renewal with the board of pharmacy every 2 years (similar to the requirement of the PTCB). The CE’s earned for the PTCB requirement can be used for the state requirement. Note: Arizona requires one additional continuing education hour to be in Pharmacy Law.
Arizona Pharmacy Technician Average Salary: $17.39/hr
Arizona State Specific Requirements:
- You must be at least 18 years old
- You must have a high school diploma or GED
- Pass a criminal background check
- Submit an application and application fee ($82) to the pharmacy board.
- Obtain 20 hours of continuing education with 2 hours of which in Pharmacy Law every 2 years.
Pharmacy Technician Certification Board (PTCB) Requirements:
- You must have not been convicted of any felonies or drug related misdemeanors
- Study for the Pharmacy Technician Certification Exam (PTCE) with a Recognized Educator like RxTechExam.com
- Complete the application process at PTCB.org and include, as part of the application process, pay the exam fee of $129
Pharmacy Technician Certification Board Continuing Education Requirements:
- Obtain 20 hours of Continuing Education (CE) during 2 year re-certification cycle
- 1 hour must be in Pharmacy Law, 1 hour must be in Patient Safety
- All Continuing Education must be Tech-Specific
- The PTCB Re-certification Fee is $40 and is payable to the PTCB every 2 years
- PTCB Certification required